I have no idea where I got this recipe. From twitter, it looks like. according to the attached note.
For 2 people will need:
- 1 table spoon of red curry paste
- 2 anise stars
- 3 cardamom seeds
- 3 cloves
- 1 piece of cinnamon bark
- 1 long pepper
- 2 table spoons of garam masala
- 1 medium sized tomato
- 1/2 medium sized onion
- 1 chilli pepper
- some finely chopped ginger
- some more vegetables, I used red peppers and sugar peas but other times I use
- 1/2 green lime (or orange or whatever if you don’t have)
- 200g of beef (I used flank steak), chicken, turkey or other meat or shrimps
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 table spoons of fish sauce
- 1 table spoon of smooth peanut butter
So what I do is first put on the frying pan, some olive or coconut oil, put on medium heat and add all the spices, finely chopped tomato, ginger and onion and cook until water evaporates and it starts to slightly burn. Remove all the spices you can find so you don’t break teeth later. Then add chopped vegetables, half glass of coconut milk, finely chopped chilli, vegetables in pieces of larger size, cook until vegetables are cooked but still crunchy. You might need to add some water so it does not burn. Add meat, fish sauce and remaining of coconut milk, juice from lime and cook until the meat is no more raw. If you used beef, do not overcook as it will become hard. I like to use finely chopped beef, thin slices, made with sharp knife. This cooks super fast, takes about 1 minute until it’s brown. When it’s brown it’s done. Add peanut butter, mix it well when it melts inside dish.
Serve over rice or konjak (on photo I used rice-shaped konjak noodles), put some green stuff on it (on photo is mix of coriander and basil). Enjoy!
Notes mentioning this note
There are no notes linking to this note.